Monday, October 29, 2007

::Waves from Blogation::

Hellllooooo all. Since I've been on blogation (blog vacation) I've:

Stopped by here, here and there :P

Got spyware on Myspace.

Got rid of spyware on Myspace (Clean as a whistle now).

Attended a Halloween Party.

Went to The Office Convention in Scranton PA where it seems all went well despite the rain!! 13 cast members attended and a great time was had by all!! Check it out:

The Associated Press: Scranton Hosts an Office Party
More than 3,000 tickets were sold for the inaugural "Office Convention," the brainchild of local fans who wanted to showcase the city of about 75,000 residents. With several cast members making appearances, the convention drew fans from as far away as Australia, Ireland and Canada. While most events were held on the university campus, executive producer Greg Daniels and his writing staff tooled around the city in a minivan, seeking inspiration and story ideas. They wound up at Nay Aug Park, where they marveled at a gigantic handicapped-accessible treehouse built by the city. (Look for it in a future episode.)

The Associated Press: 'Office' fans Converge on Scranton PA
The first "Office" convention kicked off Friday morning with an appearance by NBC "Today" show weatherman Al Roker and the University of Scranton cheerleaders.

The Baltimore Sun: 'Office' Fanatics Flock to Show's First Convention
Part of the convention was washed out by soaking rains, though fans hardly cared.

USA Today: Scranton So Rocks 'The Office Party'
Executive producer Greg Daniels said the convention wasn't just for the fans; it was also a learning experience for the cast and crew. "It's as if we had been reading the Oz books and then actually visited the Emerald City," he said, adding, "It's so much more beautiful here than in Van Nuys (Calif.) where we film the show."

"Ain't no party like a Scranton party"
(and they weren't even here at St Pattys Day)
Here's looking to The Office Convention in 2008!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Suesjoy said...

You left blogland for THIS?
har har har.
Just kiddin'!
I LOVE THE OFFICE.
Steve Carrell is the BEST!
I just saw Evan Almighty a few weeks ago...awesome movie...and rated G!
I barely watched tv back in the US (and now) but I did love The Office, Scrubs,
The Colbert Report and the Daily Show.
(Now I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy dvds...uh oh). I wish the Office was on dvd here but I think the humour would escape most folks here in Taiwan.

xxxxx

1:38 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I don't know The Office...

Is it a TV show?

I don't watch much TV...

Hope all is well with you, Lace.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Lace, I listened to your cover of Behind Blue Eyes!

It's absolutely beautiful.
It raised goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye.

I will now go listen once more...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Lace, I listened to your cover of Behind Blue Eyes!

It's absolutely beautiful.
It raised goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye.

I will now go listen once more...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

LACE!
Are you still on blogation?
Guess so...
Miss you!

Did you like my Who pics?
(She asks for the billionth time!!).
xoxoxoxox

5:23 AM  
Blogger Stevie said...

The Office.... snicker snicker! LOVE it!

11:34 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Sue, still on blogation, just popping in to check on ya'll ;) The Office is a blast, all I have to do is look at *Dwight* and I start laffin.. nevemind Dwight.. all I have to do is THINK of Mose and I start laffin... BTW the photos of The Who at TOWHM are AWESOME. And exclusive to there only! How kewl is that? Hope you're feeling well!


Dale it is a TV show fashioned after a British original version. It's set in Scranton and becoming a cult hit across the US, but especially with Scrantonians. The writers and directors were in town for the convention and said they got lots of ideas from the local heritage, and shots of oddities (like the handicapped tree house at Nay Aug Park where the movie That Championship Season was filmed. I was an *extra* the day they shot a scene) will prolly show up in future episodes. The weekend was fun although I had family come in from out of town and didn't spend as much time at it as I would have liked. Next year. How are you doing?? OH and THANK YOU for the compliment!!!

::Snickers with Stevie:: :P

~Lace~

8:04 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lace!
I'm back too! I've been busy with school, but it's been fun because I've been doing a lot of artwork!

I've never seen The Office, but I hear it's a funny show. I'm glad you had fun at the convention, I had no idea they had a convention for this show! Now if only we could get a Law & Order convention, I would definately go to that!

Take care.

1:44 AM  
Blogger ROB said...

Hiya Lace!!!

I'm with Dale I guess...I don't watch much TV either. I have heard of the Office though. I've been told the British version is way better than the US version but I haven't seen either one. I put up another tune on the blog...another instrumental. Put some lyrics to it if you want and sing along! LOL!

Rob

8:57 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Metalchick! Great to see you! Please let me know if/where you post your artwork.. and speakign of artowrk check out Michael Israel in the post above.


Rob, I'll go listen soon!!!!!

xoxxo
~Lace~

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home