Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tagged!?!?!

Well, I've been tagged twice, once by TOWHM and once by Sully. THANKS GUYS! So I guess I'll *play by the rules* and give this a whirl. The directions are as follows:

1) Post rules before you give your facts 2) List 8 random facts about yourself 3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them 4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged then the facts:

Facto one: I once ran approximately 16 red traffic lights at 2:30 am, fleeing from what I thought was a mad killer. Said *killer* began his chase when I sailed through a red light (nothing was coming) and blew a puff of smoke from a cigarette (I had attached to a long straw covered with silver tin foil) out of my window at him as he sat facing me across the light, waiting for it to turn green.

Facto two: I was dressed in my mother's dress from the 50s and a curly wig, in the *fleeing from a mad killer* incident (heretofore known simply as *the incident*).

Facto three: Four of my girlfriends were with me (the driver) during *the incident*. They too thought we were fleeing a mad killer (because that is what I told them). That's why they were screaming (it couldn't have been my driving).

Facto four: They too were dressed in their mother's dresses from the 50s. Two of them were also wearing wigs. One wore a wide brimmed hat and carried a large alligator purse.

Facto five: Before fleeing the *mad killer* through 16 red lights, our group had been clubhopping several favorite haunts (incognito).

Facto six: The five of us were not recognized by any of our friends/bartenders during the clubhopping, indeed one owner threw us out for insisting the eldest of us (we called her *Marge*) was 65 (we were in our 20s at the time) and needed a birthday cake with candles to celebrate properly.

Facto seven: When a second car with whirling red lights and a siren joined the parade, we discovered that it was not a *mad killer* but rather the chief of police (in an unmarked car) who had been chasing us (and quite quickly I might add) through 16 red lights.


Facto eight: I had forgotten to take my drivers license with me during *the incident*. I had to bring it to the station the next day. The policeman at the desk knew my dad because he was the Fire Chief and Grand Poobah of everything in town (remember? ::points below::). When I arrived (with 2 of my friends from *the incident*, they went for *moral support* but were laughing the whole time and almost got me in alot of trouble) the desk cop picked up a phone and said, "She's here". We were taken to a room where I was forced to sit in front of the chief while he gave me a very harsh lecture (he might not have been a killer but he sure was mad) on the dangers of running 16 red lights in a row. I had to bite my lip hard because my friends were on the other side of the room still laughing. The Chief waved a handfull of summons the whole time. They flapped back and forth while he yelled. Then he tore them in 1/2 and threw them in the garbage can and told us to go home.

It's a good thing. With all of those fines and points, I prolly wouldn't have my license back yet.

The end.

And I'm tagging:

Rachel Fuller
Bex Fuller
Gypsy Noir
Delbut
AndyfromSpiny
Gary Stockton

BallerinaGurl
Dale

15 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

you are a sweetie, but I have already done the 8 unknown facts tag. Sorry :-(

7:26 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Ahhh, I missed that. Ok, you're excused BUT perhaps production of another CD in it's place is in order! LOL


~Lace~

8:04 PM  
Blogger Stevie said...

ROFL!
most excellent anecdote!

11:31 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hehehe hiya Stevie, I'll bet Gypsy tags you next! :P

~Lace~

11:16 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Well ok...I will answer. Very amused reading your for sure!

Check back in a half hour so I can think of some to post! Giggling to myself already!

xx

12:32 PM  
Blogger Stevie said...

I am one of those "tag before you see if they are already tagged" types! I think that is like leaping before you look...

4:53 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

I hear ya Stevie, I hear ya, I did the same thing. Better yet, I WENT to Gary's blog to tag him and MISSED two posts below where he'd ALREADY answered this tag. Does that make me a leaping before you leap kinda girl??

Mol, oh I cannot WAIT to hear your answers LOLOLOL

~Lace~

7:25 PM  
Blogger grace said...

good 8 responses, good laugh. Wish I had been so creative.

xx

11:07 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey Grace! Thanks for coming to visit. That night was hysterical. I have pictures somewhere, maybe I'll figure out how to scan them. Long time ago. Good times.

xoxox
~Lace~

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bonfire Jones said...

Hi Lace, never been to your blog before. Looks really good!

Feel free to stop by my blog & say hello.

Regards, Ed

11:59 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Bonfire,

Hello, welcome! I don't post much but you're welcome to whatever I have LOL. Thanks for the compliment, I'll come over to visit ya.

~Lace~

12:05 PM  
Blogger gypsy noir said...

Fact 9...non of you could afford your own clothes so thought it would be a good idea to dress like your mothers to escape said coppas ..
fact 10..when fleeing police remeber to wear your own clothes!!..
hehehe..great story Lace..

5:13 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

heh.. good addendums gyps.. wish you were there.. youd have had a good laff with us too..

xoxox
~Lace~

6:30 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hee hee!
You sure ARE Irish aren't ya?
Great story!
Made me laugh - I still can only laugh outta one side of my mouth.
Sue as Elvis, c'est moi.
:)

I was tagged twice. It may take awhile...

12:10 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Sue as Elvis,, hmm.. any thoughts of covering an Elivs song next? ;)

As for the tag, take your time Swho, and that laff? I'm sure it will be bilateral before the snow flies.

As for being Irish? I SURE AM BABY, EVEN MY EYES ARE GREEN. :P

~Lace~

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home