Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Heartfelt Thank You

Goes out to Rachel Fuller, musician/vocalist/composer.

You may recognize her name from the Vh1 reality series *Kept*. You may recognize it from my blog entry below. You may recognize her name from her contribution, Wonderful, on the Soundtrack of the movie Shall We Dance? Or you may recognize it due to the recent release of her new CD, Cigarettes & Housework. In any case, if you do not recognize it yet, I am betting sometime in the near future.. you will. Rachel has written/performed a beautiful collection of songs and graciously sent me a copy of her UK release, which includes Jerry Hall performing on Around This Table.

eelpie.com - downloads

You can find the US release, available from Amazon, by clicking on the title link of this blog entry.

Thank you Rachel, for the gift of your CD, and say *hi* to Jerry from this Kept fan. I wish the very best of luck to you both!

6 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

You are so famous now. Can I touch you? Please?


Good to see you again BVL. New Hampshire was wild, in many ways.

That's cool about Rachel sending you the CD. One of the things I enjoyed the most about Kept was the chemistry between Jerry and her girlfriends. Lots of fun.

12:06 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Monkey said... "You are so famous now. Can I touch you? Please?"

I am? Err, I mean, I AM! *Accidentially famous* I'd say. I hang out online with famous rock stars and their famous rock star boyfriends even. ::By proxy, having virtually *waved* to Pete on the terrace, once. Leans back on one elbow, tryna look casually kewl, falls off the back of the couch:::

::Gets up quickly, looks about, no one saw but a monkey. Brushes off smart DKNY taupe suit and sits back down:: You may touch me, but no monkey business!

Hehehe. Good to see you too. I missed you while you were away. KA was nothing without you. Love your NH stories. Rachel is kewl. And I agree, one of the best parts of the series was the girl clique. Loved it. I collect sisters.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

This is so cool. Is this woman a friend of yours? Forgive my ignorance.
Anyone who has Pete Townshend's endorsement definitely has my attention. I'll be checking this out soon.

1:49 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

I've only conversed with Rachel online, first at the Kept message board. She then came to my blog, and then made a blog of her own.

"Anyone who has Pete Townshend's endorsement definitely has my attention."

Who? ::Giggles.. guffaws, she's such a goof::

Check Rachel out Jimmy, her music is excellent. We had a family party today and I played her CD. She got a big thumbs up from all my sisters.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Oh, also wanted to let you know that I ordered Rachel's CD. Looking forward to hearing it. I've been wanting to get into some new music, so thanks for the recommendation.

7:17 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

You're welcome Jimmy. I listen to mine all the time. She's great.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home