Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Behind the Mics

Behind the mics is a whole different world. Maybe it's the lights, carving out colored spaces no one else is allowed to enter. Soft yellow, red, blue in the surrounding darkness. Maybe it's the line of mic stands, like soldiers standing guard, separating you from those who've come to see you. Or maybe it's the unseen line of sound waves that leave you in their empty rush out and away. Whatever it is, if you've stood back behind them, you know exactly what I mean. Behind the mics. Your own little whole different world.

3 Comments:

Blogger flippnsweet said...

I've always admired people with musical talent. I do not have that gift. At all. Nope. It's bad. Seriously.

If I were to stand behind the mic's, those "soldiers standing guard" would quickly become a firing squad.

And that's about the only way I could ever hope to get any applause as a singer.

Where can we hear your stuff?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Second flippnsweet's question. Where can we hear you?

And check this out:
http://kasupportgroup.blogspot.com/

I'll spam your other blog too. :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

I used to have a sound wav of one of our practices but I lost it in the last computer crash. So I guess when I come off haitus, the lil club circuit in my town is where ya'll hafta catch me ::silly grin:::

Love the KASG Monkey. I'll be there Thursday nights LOL

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home