Friday, July 22, 2005

Bloggin'

Friends are asking me, "What's a blog"? And I have to admit, I don't actually know. It is a website? Or is it a message board?

Kind of reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live Skit with Dan Aykroyd and Gilda Radner. Dan was sitting at the kitchen table squirting whipped cream from a can onto his butterscotch pudding. Gilda came in with a mop, took the can and squirted it's contents all over the floor. An argument ensued that went something like this:

Gilda: New Shimmer is a floor wax!

Dan: No, new Shimmer is a dessert topping!

Gilda: It's a floor wax!

Dan: It's a dessert topping!

Gilda: It's a floor wax, I'm telling you!

Dan: It's a dessert topping, you cow!

As they wrestle with the can, Chevy Chase rushes in and declares, "Hey, hey, hey, calm down, you two. New Shimmer is both a floor wax and a dessert topping!"

((Ah, I long for the days when SNL was actually sidesplitting funny!))
So anyway.. what say you all? Is a blog a website.. or.. message board??

4 Comments:

Blogger flippnsweet said...

Woo hoo! I finally figured out how to set up a blog of my very own. Of course, now I have to take the time to come up with something clever enough to "publish". Thanks for making this blog close to impossible to post to. Otherwise, I never would have gotten where I am today! ;)

Here's my new address. www.dcdirect.blogspot.com

Please come and visit, as I have no other reason to use this thing, except to get into real trouble at work.

10:27 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey Sweet! Fancy meetin' you here! See how stretching oneself can make you grow into the internet addict we all aspire to be?!?

You're blog looks great!! And you've got responses in just 3 hours!!! Maybe I should allow other/anonymous commenters too. But then again, if I did, how ever would you have grown so far so fast in this cyberspace world???? :P

11:58 PM  
Blogger flippnsweet said...

It's true. You have done your part to "stomp out (internet) ignorance". You've also been cracking me up tonight with your new thread on the Kept board. Funny stuff. I'm sure everyone in the office tomorrow will think I'm a crazy person for busting out laughing at the word "kept". Oh, if only they knew the half of it....

12:16 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey, long as it hearing the word *kept* doesn't have the same effect on *you* as if does on your *hypnotized Z* you should be just fine....... :P

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home