Sunday, July 10, 2005

Other Birdz

And previously speaking of birdz, I'd like to wave at a few others I've played with over the years.

::Waves at:: Jimmy, it took 5 years of begging to get you hired and I left in 2. Where was my brain? Oh yeah, fried from getting sick and then I couldn't play, I forgot. In any case, you are the best. And you have our drummer, lil (Mom-my-bus-driver-is-in-the-band-with-us!) Jim, coming right up behind you. Keep on rockin' and take care of Nancy ::smiles::

::Waves at:: Bill. Hi Bill. Did you think I didn't know you were chomping at the bit for me to quit, Bill?

::Waves at::: Rich, I love ya Elvis. We really wowed em at Arthur's didn't we? Well, at least we wowed the enigmatic Arthur. He said so. Through the bartender. We never did actually see Arthur though, did we? (Maybe he's related to John Forsythe AKA *Charlie*). Do you think Arthur actually exists? Me either. I'm just glad somebody paid us. Hey, quick- who am I- *Do you guys play anything good*? Really loved your deadpan- *NO*. ::snickers:: Call me, n' say hi to Sue, heck have Sue call me too. PS- Tag, you're it.

::Waves at:: Dianni. My Dianni, where u b rite now Girlfriend? I cannot keep up with your travel plans! Never let it be said that one cannot fit a keyboard, a guitar, 3 mic stands, 2 potted plants, 1 ficus tree, 1 rolled up persian rug, and a silver candelabra into the trunk of your car. We could've decked Liberace out for that gig, but honey tell me, where did we hang our clothes? We did not hang them out the window. Hey, say hi to Cheem for me.

::Waves at:: M&M= Maura and Michelle. Still sorry the 4 girl *Sweet Eve* thing didn't work out. We were all so *enchanting* ::grin:: 'Twas a pleasure singing with you both, and Michelle, give your soundman/brother a pinch on the cheek for me willya? He's such a sweetie.

::Waves at:: DebDeb. Hey Girlfriend, what will it take to get you to stick around for more than one gig a century? ::Begins to wonder if that Journey song was prophetic.. ~if you just.. stay.. with me awhile~:: Yeah, I know you totally rocked the crowd in the Central gym ::giggles:: but the world has never heard your Ann Wilson. (Well, except for my parent's next door neighbor, but he wasn't too happy with the volume level at 1 am). This is totally a sin. I'm going to have to tell pastor Mark. Unless... that would mean he would actually have to learn about this blog. ::As if he'd care:: :)~

::Waves at:: Boyfriend Johnboy Lewis, if auditioning and/or just jamming around in the basement counts as *playing together*. Who am I kidding? I can't jam. I don't know enough blues chords to jam. I don't know any blues chords at all. I can sing tho, can't I!?! ::hopeful look:: Such a shame that we didn't get to do that *Sonny and Cher* thing with Rich and DebDeb isn't it? Maybe some other time... NOT!

::Waves at:: Ronnie, another auditioning/jamming kind of guy. How many times did we try? No, it couldn't have been a zillion. Could it? OK. It was 2. But both times were fun. For me anyway. Love your new website. Hey! I'll post it here~> Double Take . I'll put it in my *links* too. You and Boyfriend JL sound great. Not to mention Scooter and Steve. We'll come to see you soon.

::Waves at:: Phil. You are missing in action, Phil. Whatever possessed you to give up playing covers in back alley bars for the sumptuous life of an successful insurance broker?? Do you realize all the money we could have made? ::totally serious face:: First time I saw you I was in curlers, last time I saw you we were at Wellers. Hope to see you somewhere again someday.

::Waves at:: Kurt, yah, another sellout to the financial industry. This one I clearly understand however, since the last time we shared a stage, Jonny Dark flicked a lit cigarette off the back of your head for playing the wrong chord. Did you even feel that? Lucky it didn't turn into a Michael Jackson hair-on-fire sort of incident. In any case, whatever possessed you to ever play with that guy anyway? ::Probably the same thing that possessed her to ever play with that guy anyway:: hehehe

::Waves at:: Aforementioned Jonathan Dark. A real *Wise Guy*. Har har. Ok. I know you're mad at me. Again. As usual. I quickly discerned this the day you stopped speaking to me, what, 5 years ago? (Don't forget, I have intense training that enables me to notice such things). But c'mon now. This is getting ridiculous. The longest time I ceased talking to you was, what, only a year. Besides, it wasn't me who left the power head in Karl's basement the night of the Candlelite Inn gig! Ok. Be like that. And next time you have a dental crisis, don't think you can send me out for the superglue!


::Waves at::: Chris, I haven't had a Cranky Boyz phone call from you in AGES. You haven't stopped talking to me like your neighbor, have you? You and Butch still playing? Call me and let me know. Use your real voice tho, otherwise I'm just hangin' up. :)~

::Waves at:: Gene, I know, I know, you told me not to play with Jonny Dark. Did I listen? NOOOOOO. But neither did Kurt. Neither did Phil/Karl/Kevin/Mike/Bill/YOU for that matter. You know he's the one we all hate to love and love to hate. I still can't believe he sold the acoustic Matisko you built for him. Dork. When you playin' round here again? Call me and let me know. I'll call Jimmy and Nancy. We'll come see you. PS- I still have to bring you my Takemine. The pickup. It's broke. :(

::Waves at:: Kevin! The cleverest bra unhooker I ever met! (Even if he is the complete gentleman and it was a total accident). Still drumming? Hey. Weren't you the Vice Prezident for Dark Horse? Yah, I think. And Mike was the Secretary, Karl the Treasurer and Jon the Prez (of course). I thought it was all so unfair, after all, where did that leave me? I know, I know, I was allowed to be the *Princess*, but that was only after I twisted Dark's arm almost off. BTW, were you the one that forgot to bring the power head to the Candlelite Inn gig?

::Waves at:: Mike, I still have your mic. I'm not giving it back tho. Jon told me you still owe him for it. That technically makes it his, and since he's not talkin' to me, I guess it's mine now! MUAHAHAHA. I hear you have a light show you're renting out. Is it the same one you brought when we opened for Dakota? Hey, did you ever tell Jon you and I broke the *unwritten rule of bands* and were secretly dating that summer of Dark Horse? Well DON'T, he's mad enough at me now.

::Waves at:: Karl, again. :::Already embarrassed him in a lower thread so won't say nuthin' more. It's not like he'll ever know tho, he doesn't have internet access. The more she thinks of it, begins to actually suspect that he was the one that left the power head in his own basement that night of the Candlelite Inn gig. Could it have been on purpose? Nah, he wouldn't. Won't ask now after all this time tho, becuz, he's famous for cryin' out loud:::

If there is anyone I forgot I apologize. Yah rite. You're probably thankful and hopin' I never remember to name you. Don't count on it, they say long-term memory is the last to go!



Addendum 2/06: News alert, saw Jonny Dark last week and he speaks!

3 Comments:

Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

DebDeb!!! I'm so glad you stopped by Darrrlink! But dear, about the eyesight thing. If you lose any more ocular ability I fear you'll do far worse than just slam your head off the end table and empty the contents of your coffee cup all over my den (once again)!! (Who put that monitor in the way anyhow?)

Now. The stage-fright, ah yes, the stage-fright. Don't worry, ice cream really does work better than anything else for zoning one out of all fear, hands down. Take my hypoglycemic word for it.

And then comes. The chicken, ah yes.. the chicken. The only antidote better than cheeeeeese against the deleterious effects of the ice cream. And I do have to say, despite having to cook the whole bird, Joanne did serve it up much quicker than that skinny kid in the window of KFC. Wouldn't you say?

Loveeee yaaaaa...
Lace

::looks around for a kewl symbol to use in conjunction with *lace*.. can't find one.. gives up::

2:12 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey, you WERE pretty hypoglycemic yourself when we pulled up to that KFC drive-thru. That *young buck* was a GIRL. ::Then again, maybe it's that *eye thing* she's got going on::

Anyway. Needless to say. I think it was the whites of MY eyes that were staring at you from the driver's seat. THAT WAS THE FIRST AND LAST OBSCENITY I EVER HEARD YOU UTTER of that caliber anyway. Next time we pull up and your blood sugar is around 25, I sure hope they hussle.

9:42 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey DebDeb, Jimmy said he will clean out your computer if you drop it off at my house.

Lace

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home