Sunday, August 21, 2005

Family Picnic

That's what we had today. A family picnic. At my house. 3 of 4 sisters arrived. Parents arrived. 9 nieces and nephews arrived. (Not in that order). They trashed my house. Husband, now 15 days off cigarettes, is still shaking. I have gotten used to kids crawling all over everything I own. Actually with 4 sisters, (being the oldest), I was always used to kids crawling over everything I own.

The musical selections of the day. We listened to Rachel Fuller, she got a big thumbs up. We listened to James Taylor, he also got a big thumbs up. We listened to Sade, she got a big thumbs up. We listened to something celtic. We are Irish, everything celtic gets a big thumbs up. They left at 8 pm. As they pulled away from the house, one of the kids tossed a plastic hand grenade out the van window back into the driveway. No he is not a terrorist in training. The plastic grenade is mine.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Husband, now 15 days off cigarettes, is still shaking.

Oh my. This explains so much. The entire autograph debacle is forgiven. Well... maybe not by you, you're the one packing a grenade.

10:30 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

He should count his lucky stars that it is made of plastic but Rachel is sending another and so the marriage is saved.

For now.

Maybe.

:P

PS. You look very tired. Has Monkey been giving you trouble?????

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh BVL, you have no idea. What was I thinking when I adopted a monkey, an orangutan and a dragon from the "Unique Animals Refuge Center"?

I could sleep for a week.

I'm glad Rachel came through with the clean autograph. She seems very nice.

2:50 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Well you've gathered yoursef a regular zoo there Monkey's Human. Perhaps a *zookeeper* is in order????

I too am glad Rachel emailed and promised another. It saved Bob's very life! She really is a sweetheart.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home