Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Last to Know

Do you know many years ago I drew a portrait of James Taylor, that my sister stole from me? Not only did I JUST FIND OUT where it actually went to, but I also JUST FOUND OUT she brought it to a JT concert and, having edged her way to the front of the stage, waved it like a flag to him as he was singing. (This was after she stole someone's empty front seat). Anyway, *Legend* has it Sweet Baby James gave her a nod, a thumbs up, and he then PROCEEDED TO AUTOGRAPH THE PORTRAIT. I FOUND ALL OF THIS OUT from another sister who prolly stole something else I haven't missed yet.

When I asked *Kia*, "How come you didn't tell me this great news?", she replied, "Because.. I was afraid you'd make me give it back!"

Sisters. Who else could get away with such atrocities?????

2 Comments:

Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lace,
I just read both of your posts. It's really cool when a musician signs a drawing of themselves that you drew yourself, but when someone else gets that autograph taking the credit from the artist, that's not cool!

I'm sorry that happened to your aunt, that really sucks! She should've took a deep breath and kept cool. I know it's hard to contain the excitement.

11:30 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey Metalchick,

Well, it was my sister that took the portrait I drew of JT to his concert and he signed it for her. I'll let her keep it, she did afterall, get the autograph from him. I wasn't at the concert.

The second incident actually happened to my other sister. We call her *Aunt Ajan* because the younger nieces and nephews can't pronounce her name (g).

~Lace~

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home