Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Kidz

That's who spent the weekend at my house, 5 kidz. An assortment of niece, nephew and accompanying friends. They carried with them all the essentials. A hairdryer, kohl eyeliner, 2 packs of Twizzlers, 3 lil bags of mac and cheese, a box of Lucky Charms, 1 apple, the crap to make 100 s'mores, 1 iPod and 1000 CDs. In terms of the 5 teenage food groups I guess nuthin much has changed in 30 years. I figured the beloved musical genre certainly would have. Curious, I flipped through their collections. Holy shades of Bach and Beethoven batman, do you know who they are listening to?!? Frampton, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Petty, James Taylor... the Eagles!! So to all you ex-hippies who have chrysalized (how DO you spull chrysalized?) into yuppies out there, I stand and applaud a job well done. And to all those born so late they've no clue what a 45 rpm vinyl even looks like, yer makin' me proud, yer makin' me proud.

1 Comments:

Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Dianniiiiiiiiiiiii. Please do say *hi* to Uncle James for me. Will you be sitting in with him? ::Grin::

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home