Monday, December 18, 2006

I Wish you Merry Christmas..

...happy New Year too..

Remember when Karen Carpenter sang those words? I think I sang them some 20 Christmasses running, for private parties, in clubs, or just in the car headed for the mall crammed with shoppers. Hard to believe she's gone and another year is almost through. I spent the Christmas before last in bed sick, and last Christmas barely over it. You'd think now that I'm finally up and around, I'd be thrilled to pull everything from under the stairs that has sat there for three years running.

I've not decorated a thing except for a strand of obnoxious blinking lights drapped all over my dying bushes outside. I've always loved this holiday. Something magical stirred in my soul sitting quietly before a lit tree on Christmas Eve. Snuggled in a blanket, warmed, watching it's lights twinkle off windows that overlook a snowy yard. Somehow, this year, it all runs together. One day to the next.

Perhaps I'll wish upon a falling Christmas star. Perhaps I'll hear the tinkle of a bell and know an angel has gained her wings. Perhaps I'll catch a glimpse of a raindeer hoof planted squarely in the middle of my roof. Perhaps.

I hope. Perhaps.

2 Comments:

Blogger gypsy noir said...

perhaps you will just feel the love you attract from those afar because you are a wonderful person..no tree nor christmas light can shine like that..x..

5:10 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

gypsy you are adorable.. im shinin now from blushin.. i hope your season is the brightest yet..

luv
~lace~

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home