Thursday, October 19, 2006

ok.. oK... OKKKKK

I'll post, but only because I have been pressed to contort my brain to think of sumethin' to say. Let's see. Ok, first..

I'm pretty excited as our fledgling duo is teetering on the edge of becoming a trio. I won't say more, so as not to jinx it, but I got a call from a stellar guitar player asking to join us and so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he will have the time to work with Raven
and me. More on that as things unfolds.

::Thinks:: Ok, second..

I've pulled out all of my old synth programming and for the life of me cannot get my Alesis drum machine to drive my Ensoniq keyboard. I've switched the midi cords every which way and looked at all of the internal controls; all seems to be in order. I've even switched one keyboard with another but to no avail. When I kick on the drummer it plays but does not drive the keyboard, hence *I got drums but no music*. If ANYone reading this knows WHAT I'm talking about and can help me.. PLEASE COMMENT!!

::Thinks:: Ok, third..

I'd like to thank Gypsy for sending me Al Stewart's Gethsemane. I reflected a long time on that song. The more I reflect, the more I'm inclined to put those thoughts in another post. GAH.. after all this time maybe TWO POSTS in one week!! :P

::Thinks:: Ok, fourth and last..

I've been published! Yes it may be for a scholarly rather than poetic work, but such is the way these things do happen!

8 Comments:

Blogger gypsy noir said...

weh hey at last! the new post has arrived...firstly good luck with the group...and im so glad you got the tune as i knew you would like it looking forward to your reflections...and lastly..WELL DONE YOU!..published for scholarly that is brilliant...clever you..

3:49 PM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

awww.. thanx gypsy..

::blushes and kicks dirt::

~Lace~

PS when will your watches be available????? i WANT ONE!

10:24 PM  
Blogger gypsy noir said...

should be ready soon lace in time for the chrimbo rush...good timing i'd say!..

5:25 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

put me on your waiting list gyps.. and whats *chrimbo*?

~Lace~

9:05 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Congratulations on getting published! Whooo Hooo!

Good to see you again.

9:58 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

Hey Monkey,

Thanks and DITTO on seeing you! Where did you (poof) too all those months?? You were missed.

I'll send bananas.

~Lace~

11:46 AM  
Blogger gypsy noir said...

chrimbo is christmas lace..lol..

4:27 AM  
Blogger BlackVelvetLace said...

gyps.. i thought it was Christmas combined with another british *...mbo* holiday i hadnt heard of yet LOL

~Lace~

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home